Preparing for Electronic Records Management
Managing information electronically is a great idea, no question about it.
But where do you begin? What do you need to do to assure a successful transition?
The reality is that it can be a complicated process, and many organizations just don’t have all the necessary resources or experience to ensure success. The key is to make sure that the needed framework is in place and all preparations are finalized before the project starts.
If you are making the transition to electronic records management, you need to consider factors like:
- Do you have physical (paper) records? How are they currently managed? What exactly are they? How will you migrate those records into your new electronic environment?
- What records and documents do you have now in electronic format? How are you planning to organize your electronic records for access? Where are they stored?
- What tools are you using to manage your electronic records? How will your electronic records be accessed and shared within your operations? How will version control be managed?
- What overall approach will bring all of your separate elements together in one cohesive system?
We have the experience and expertise to help you get ready for the change to an electronic records environment. TAB professionals will:
- Work with you to fully understand how information and records are currently organized, managed and used within your organization
- Identify where your information currently exists and in what formats
- Map out how you would like to store and utilize the information in the future
We then use this data to make recommendations regarding what you should do, including objectives, milestones and roadmaps.
Remember, when it comes to successfully managing your information electronically, being fully prepared ahead of time is critical, and TAB can help.